Canton, OH, 44718
Joined on July, 2011
Weekdays after 9AM
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationMaster of Education - Curriculum & Instruction, GPA 3.94
Kent State University – Stark Campus, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Education, GPA 3.69
Kent State University – Stark Campus, 2004
Experience• License to teach Middle School (gr 4-9) Language Arts/Social Studies Knowledgeable in content standards, assessments, and curriculum issues associated with state mandated tests.
• Advocate of Professional Learning Community concept
• Involved in staff development initiatives
• Active participation in various school and community activities.
• Incorporated SmartBoard, CPS units, ELMO document camera on a daily basis
• Incorporated Compass Learning-Odyssey, Study Island, United
Streaming, BrainPop to supplement instruction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
ProgressBook for student records
08/2007 – 06/2011, Summit Academy Akron Middle
Language Arts/Social Studies, gr 6-8
08/2006 – 05/2007, Northwest Intermediate Tutor (gr 5); contracted sub
08/2005 - 06/2006, Stinson Elementary, Northwest Local Schools Tutor (gr 6); contracted sub
HobbiesI have 6 years experience teaching/tutoring middle school age children. I also have experience with in-home tutoring. Most of my free time is spent reading or writing. I have high expectations and work with my students to make sure they can achieve success in their academic careers.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.