Tuesday after 5PM
Wednesday after 5PM
Thursday after 5PM
Friday after 4PM
Weekends at any time
Up to 1 hour away for a flat fee
Education• I'm a native Spanish-speaker who earned an M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2012. My GPA was 3.5. I was as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. Additionally, I was a radio host at KRNU 90.3 FM and enjoyed writing immigration stories for different media outlets.
• Eight years earlier, I earned a B.A. in Journalism at ITESM-CCM, one of the most prestigious universities in Mexico. My GPA was 3.6.
Experience• I love teaching world languages (French, Spanish, English).
• I worked as a Spanish tutor and children mentor at City Impact in Lincoln, Nebraska for almost 2 years.
• I was a Spanish and English adult and children tutor at ITESM-CCM in Mexico City for 2 years and an English adult tutor at El Centro de las Americas in Lincoln, NE for 6 months.
• I have been a foreign languages tutor for almost 5 years and would like to continue doing that. I enjoy teaching in creative and entertaining ways (with music, films, crosswords and fun class activities).
• I worked as a Spanish-language newspaper/magazine music and film reporter for 8 years in Mexico City.
• Afterwards I became an editor for a Spanish-language news website in Texas.
• I took French lessons for 2 years and then lived in France for 6 months, but foreign languages are easy for me, so I already have an intermediate-advanced level.
• I worked as a French-English interpreter while I lived in France.
• Some of the most interesting classes I took when I was in college are Advanced French, Advanced English, History of Latin America and the Caribbean, History of Contemporary Mexico, Contemporary Latin American Literature, Universal Literature of the 20th Century, Contemporary European History, Mexico’s Foreign Policies and Contemporary Asia Pacific History.
Hobbies• I love listening to live music, particularly jazz and rock.
• I also enjoy spending time with my wife. We like to travel around the U.S. and around the world. We also love hiking around lakes and mountains. Colorado, Chicago and Lima, Peru have been some of the nicest places we have visited so far.
• In my free time I also like reading and learning foreign languages. I have a basic level in Portuguese and would like to learn Mandarin.
French 4, European History, Latin America History, World Literature, World History, Technical Writing, Spanish 4, Spanish 3, Spanish 2, Spanish 1, Spanish, Journalism, AP French Language and Culture, French 3, French 2, French 1, French 1, French, ESL/ELL, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP French, CLEP French, CLEP Spanish
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.